The fourth Power of the Bishop conference to be held at Sarum College, Salisbury, May 30-31, 2019. This time, the Power of the Bishop team are joining with the Episcopus Society for the 2019 conference, exploring the theme of Episcopal Patronage from Late Antiquity to c.1500. We want to put together thematic panels that compare and contrast uses, abuses and outcomes of bishops as patrons across time and geographical boundaries
We are looking for papers that explore, but are not limited to:
* Art and architecture
* Music and Liturgy
* Manuscripts and Literary Culture
* Saint Cults and Pilgrimage Routes
* Education and Social Advancement
* Socio-political networks, the advancement of families and individuals
* When episcopal patronage goes wrong – the failures and abuses of episcopal patronage and its results
Abstracts should be no more than 500 words.
This year we are accepting abstracts in English, Italian and French.
**If selected then papers and book chapters must be in English**
Email abstracts to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ABSTRACT POB4 by no later than 1 February 2019.
For more information and to register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pob-4-the-medieval-bishop-as-patron-tickets-53543735755