The University of Sydney Postgraduate History Conference will be held on 28 and 29 November 2018. We warmly invite postgraduate students to submit an abstract for this two-day interdisciplinary conference on the theme of Connected Histories.
Ideas. Culture. Family. Environment. Media. War. Trade. Language. Food. Histories are connected in more ways than we can imagine. At the 2018 University of Sydney Postgraduate History Conference we invite you to share your research and the historical connections you’ve uncovered. We take a broad understanding of this theme and invite you to submit an abstract based on our suggestions below or one of your own choosing:
- Global, international, and transnational connections
- Interdisciplinary connections
- Histories of empire and colonialism
- Connections of past and present: how understandings of the past impact us today
- Intellectual histories of connected ideas and concepts
- Chance encounters: unexpected connections?
We welcome abstracts from postgraduate students across disciplines and encourage anyone with a historical aspect to their work to apply.
If you wish to present, please submit an abstract of no more than 200 words for a twenty minute presentation, as well as a short bio, here.
Please note, abstracts are due by 3rd August 2018.
To register to attend, whether presenting or not, click here.