Image [&] Narrative is seeking papers for a special tercentenary issue devoted to the work of Horace Walpole (1717–1797). Articles covering all aspects of Walpole’s literary career are welcome, though preference will be given to those focusing on the correspondences between word and image.
Possible topics may include:
- narrative functions of images in Walpole’s work
- Gothic imagery in The Castle of Otranto and The Mysterious Mother
- art commentaries in Walpole’s correspondence, journals and Anecdotes
- narratives and catalogues of Houghton Hall and Strawberry Hill
- book design at the Strawberry Hill Press
- illustrations of Walpole’s work
Prospective contributors are invited to send in 300-word abstracts of papers by June 1, 2016. Preliminary selection will be made by the end of June, 2016. Complete essays of about 5000 words should be submitted by February 1, 2017. Final selection, following double-blind peer review, will be made by the end of June, 2017. The issue will be published in September 2017, in the month of Horace Walpole’s birth. Questions, expressions of interest and article proposals should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more on the journal’s aims and scope, as well as the author guidelines, see: http://www.imageandnarrative.be.
Image [&] Narrative is a peer-reviewed e-journal on visual narratology and word and image studies in the broadest sense of the term. It does not focus on a narrowly defined corpus or theoretical framework, but questions the mutual shaping of literary and visual cultures.
The journal is indexed in ERIH, DOAJ and MLA.